Dr. Jacqueline Benoit is an optometrist in the Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service at Wills Eye Hospital. She graduated from the SUNY College of Optometry with honors and completed a combined optometric residency program in Contact Lens and Ocular Disease at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO) and a Fellow of the Scleral Lens Education Society (FSLS).
Dr. Benoit provides comprehensive eye examinations, contact lens fittings and problem-focused exams to monitor for diseases including diabetes, glaucoma, and cataracts. Her particular area of interest includes fitting soft and rigid contact lenses to provide visual improvement for conditions ranging from common refractive error to advanced corneal disease. She has extensive experience fitting custom soft, hybrid, rigid gas-permeable (RGP) and scleral contact lenses for disorders such as keratoconus, post-corneal transplant, corneal scars/opacities, and severe ocular surface disease.
National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO)
Part I Applied Basic Science (ABS); Part II Patient Assessment & Management (PAM)/Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease (TMOD); Part III Clinical Skills Examination
- Residency: Contact Lens and Ocular Disease Residency, Havener Eye Institute, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- Medical School: State University of New York College of Optometry
- Undergraduate: Colgate University
Optometrist: Therapeutics and Glaucoma, Pennsylvania State Board of Optometry
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Top 10 Poster EastWest Eye Conference 2019
- GP Lens Institute Clinical Excellence Award for Outstanding Clinical Proficiency in Contact Lenses Beta Sigma Kappa Award for Academic Excellence
- Dr. William M. Eisenberg Memorial Award for Excellence in Ocular Disease
- VSP and AAOF Practice Excellence Scholarship
- Jeff White Memorial Scholarship