Dr. Walter Harris, a graduate of Johns Hopkins Medical School, is board-certified in Ophthalmology and has been trained in the latest LASIK techniques. Over the last 30 years, Dr. Harris has saved, restored, or enhanced the vision of thousands of patients. His reputation is built on solid credentials and advanced skills in everything from eye exams to cataract and Lasik Eye Surgery. Dr. Harris is on staff at many local hospitals, including Wills Eye, the second highest ranking eye surgery hospital in the country. Dr. Harris’ goal is to provide the most advanced diagnostic and sight improvement solutions available. He combines high-tech medical and surgical care with compassion, understanding, and the spirit of true healing.
From your initial exam through diagnosis, treatment and follow-up, Dr. Harris’ attention is focused only on you. His greatest satisfaction comes from improving your vision and enhancing your quality of life. After seeing Dr. Harris, you may be able to read more comfortably, regain your ability to drive at night, and even see your alarm clock clearly without glasses. Rittenhouse Eye Associates offers early morning, evening, lunchtime, and Saturday appointments. If you have an emergency, we offer same-day appointments, and Dr. Harris is even available after hours.
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- LASIK Certified: TLC Laser Center
- M.D.: Johns Hopkins Medical School
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology, Philadelphia College of Physicians
- Member: Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology, National Medical Association, Eastern Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Drexel University, Hahnemann Hospital Department of Ophthalmology
- Associate Surgeon: Wills Eye Hospital